It’s the Classic Spin time again! Yup! The Classic’s Club has organized another Spin and the rules are as always simple –
- Pick 20 Classics of your choice
- On Monday, i.e. May 20th, the Club will pick a number
- You read the book that you have marked against the number through May and June
The big question is will I do it again? I mean in the last club Spin, I got Madame Bovary which I detested the first time I read it, so may years ago; but with loads of encouragement and support from fellow club members, bloggers and readers, I managed to prod through the book, a second time – net result I still did not like it!
So will I do it again? The answer is …..Of course!! Yes!!! Most definitely!
There is no denying it’s a lot of fun. Even if I did not like the book, I got some wonderful perspective and engaged in some marvelous debates about it. Most importantly, if it was not for the Spin, I would have never read that book again since it was part of my private dreading to read it again list!
Now for the list – here goes….
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Great Expectation by Charles Dickens
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- The Way of all Flesh by Samuel Butler
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- The Moonstone by Willkie Collins
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Wives and Daughter by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell
- My Antonia by Willa Carther
- A Farewell to the Arms by Ernest Hemmingway
Let’s see what faith holds on Monday. I have edited m y previous list a bit and put down a few more books that were in my to-read-but-never-got-around-to –it list.
Can’t wait for Monday!