This game has been going on Facebook for a while – you know where we are supposed to do the following – “In your status line, list 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and don’t think too hard—they don’t have to be the ‘right’ or ‘great’ works, just the ones that have touched you.”
I have been tagged at it a few times but have been unable to respond with the list due to recent events. Also this time away from Facebook (since many people have posted their lists by now) made me realize that a lot of people are doing exactly what they were asked not to do…thinking too hard and making sure that the “right” works get listed! Therefore I publish this away from Facebook and share my bookish musings on the same with people who live, breathe and love books!!!!
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
- Tintin Comics by Herge
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Shadow of the Moon by MM Kaye
- The Source by James Michener
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Maskeradeby Terry Pratchett
Deciding on just 10 is REALLY REALLY hard!! But there you go…that’s my list!!
What are your 10 favorite works? Can we do this on activity on our blog sites as well?
A special Thank You to Emily, who gave me the idea to share the list on this forum instead of Facebook!