This year despite all the turbulence, both personal and pandemic related has been a very good reading year! After many years have, I been able to read to my heart’s content and though there have been some reading events I failed, in most I had moderate success. Therefore, I thought I will go for the last Spin of the year hosted by Classic Club. CC Spin #25.
The rules as always are simple enough and I quote again from the Classic Club Page –
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Sunday 22nd November.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 30th January 2021.
I know I am posting this on Sunday 22nd November but I am sneaking it in under the cover Time Zone differences. Anyhow, here is my list of 20 Books1
- The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarrington
- Orley Farm by Anthony Trollope
- Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy
- Wives and Daughter by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens
- So Big by Edna Ferber
- Son Excellence Eugène Rougon by Emile Zola
- The Bucaneers by Edith Wharton
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- And Quiet Flows The Dawn by Mikhail Alexandrovich Sholokhov
- A Country Doctor’s Notebook by Mikhail Bulgakov
- The Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy
- Tevye the Dairyman and Motl the Cantor’s Son by Sholem Aleichem
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Kumarasambhava by Kalidasa
- Gora by Rabindranath Tagore
- Gossip in a Library by Edmund Grosse
- Staying on by Paul Scott
- White Nights by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
That’s my list! With an exception of Zola and Gaskell, I am pretty edgy about most! But then I have discovered that the books I am most anxious about are the one I love the most! So here’s hoping for the best – Happy Spinning Everyone!