I had made my mind that I was not posting any 2021 year end, bookish notes; I am trying to after all be footloose and fancy free in my reading and writing ( hence no reading challenges and goals) But the very inherent nature of being fancy free is to do what you want to do, when you want to do. And today, when I stumbled on Diana’s blog, I knew this was one FUN 2021 wrap up post I wanted to; nevermind we are all most one month over in 2022.
The rule is very simple; we must complete the sentences below using the titles of the books only read in 2022. Diana tells me that this was originally started by Adam (Roof Beam Reader) who I know is the at helm of may such innovative and joyful reading ideas.
Therefore without further ado, I present My Life in Books : 2021 –
- In high school I was Kissing Toads (by Jemma Harvey)
- People might be surprised by The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (by Jonas Jonasson)
- I will never be The Foolish Gentlewoman (by Margery Sharp)
- My fantasy job is White Magic (by Muireann Maguire)
- At the end of a long day I need Small Pleasures (by Clare Chambers)
- I hate The Wrecking Storm (by Michael Ward)
- I wish I had A House in the Country (by Ruth Adams)
- My family reunions are Whirlwinds (Ponniyin Selvan 2 by Kalki)
- At a party you’d find me with All The Single Ladies (by Rebecca Traister) planning to become Women Travelers (by Mary Morris Ed.)
- I’ve never been to By the Banks of Tungabadra (by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay)
- A happy day includes The Feast (by Margaret Kennedy)
- Motto I live by There is no Place like Hope (by Vickie Girard)
- On my bucket list is The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life (By Mark Manson)
- In my next life, I want to have Vittoria Cottage (by DE Stevenson)
I had such an amazing time making this list! I do hope some of you will share your life in books and spread the joy!