So 8 months down the line, I thought it’s a good time to retrospect about what I had planned for 2012 and take stock of things. I know 8 months are neither here or there…I mean its way beyond the mid mark and a little too early to review the P&L of the year. But then if I want to start, I want to start whenever I am inspired….I mean who says that resolutions have to be made in the year or I cannot start all over half down the year????
Anyhow, below is the checklist that I had made for myself somewhere around 30th December 2011 –
- Earn more
- Lose weight
- Write rigorously and get published
- Compatible partnerships
- Save and cut debts
Now let’s do the report card bit –
- Earn more – I did, but then I kind of spent all of it, so no gain and no loss
- Lose weight – Nope, but then I do have a target to lose 90 pounds in next 3 months (have reasons!!) so this one I might make it!
- Write rigorously and get published – Well I am writing a lot more this year and while there have been conversations, I am yet to get published
- Compatible partnerships – The dicey one….I mean I am in that no man’s land of being single and in a relationship and not committed (ships passing through the night kind of deal, except this is the longest passage ever!)…er…don’t ask!
- Save and cut debts –Miserably failed…no reduction in debts and definitely no savings either!
Overall I think I am hovering around 50% mark, (yes I know I am taking a highly optimistic view of my efforts, but then I do have to stay motivated, so 50% makes me feel good!) but there is still a long way to go. Therefore I start afresh again today, so that at the end of the year, I would have touched at least the 75% mark….I mean there will be uncontrollable factors like when do I get a good publisher (but until then I can keep writing and improving my craft) and of course the relationship bit is more dependent on him than me (I know there are people who take control of their drifting relationships and a friend of mine tells me it’s very easy to manage him, but I ain’t like that!) But the others items can and should be achieved….so here’s to renewed vigor and effort in achieving my goals!
As part of the off with the old and on with the new campaign, I have decided to give up on my old theme for the blog…I was kind of sick of the pink/mauve whirls and go in for a more minimalistic approach. The panel photo for the uninitiated is Van Gogh’s Parisian Novels Yellow Books (1887). I love Van Gogh and his dedication to his art (though unlike him, I would want fame while I am alive and kicking) and of course, this particular work encompasses books (my most precious possession) and is set in bright hues…making this work one of my all-time favorites and I have decided to share the joy via the blog! My contents however will not change (Yes! I will continue to bore you with historical fiction), but I hope my writing improves….so do feel free to let me know if I am gone up in scale from February to August or do you think I have taken a downturn (Shudder! Shudder! Horror!) …Either way, I do plan to plod on….so once again…join me in the journey!